- For approved Ohio CCP students, tuition for eligible courses is covered by Ohio CCP.
- You must complete a placement exam to demonstrate your readiness for college-level coursework in at least one subject area.
- You must complete 15 credit hours of approved CCP Level I courses before proceeding to other college courses.
- Classes are offered online and/or face-to-face at SEU’s Ohio Network Campus.
- High school sophomores may take up to 6 credit hours per semester; juniors may take up to 12 credit hours per semester; seniors may take up to 15 credit hours per semester.
Any course not approved for Ohio CCP funding can be taken through Dual Enrollment at SEU’s reduced tuition rate of $50 per credit hour.
How to Get Started
- Take an approved Placement Exam for the state of Ohio.*
- Complete the SEU CCP Application and select the Ohio Network Campus.
- Check your personal email for admission and important information regarding course scheduling from Southeastern University’s Office of the Registrar.
- Speak with your SEU academic advisor.*
- Complete the application for dual enrollment each semester by going to seu.edu/admission/dual-
enrollment and selecting the “FL and OH Partner Sites” option. Course selection is a part of this application process. You will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com when you have been registered.*
- Purchase your textbooks.
- Start your classes!
*For more information, contact Mary Harmison at the SEU Ohio Network Campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know which courses are eligible for CCP funding?
The approved courses can be found here.
How do I take the placement exam?
To participate in Ohio College Credit Plus, the state of Ohio requires students to complete an assessment exam to indicate readiness for college-level coursework. You can complete this assessment by taking the Accuplacer, ACT, SAT, ALEKS, MapleSoft T.A. or PlaceU test. For more information, contact Mary Harmison at the SEU Ohio Network Campus.
Do I have to complete the dual enrollment agreement form each semester?
You do not need to resubmit the admission application each semester, however you must complete the Dual Enrollment Agreement Form each semester prior to enrollment. Enrollment in courses must be finalized prior to the add/drop period. You can download the agreement form here.
What if I don't want to earn concurrent credit?
If you want your courses to apply for both high school and college credit, you will need your high school guidance counselor’s signature on your agreement form (parent signature for home schoolers). You do not need your guidance counselor’s signature for non-concurrent enrollment (courses do not apply to high school credit).
How do I find out who my site director is to get more information about dual enrollment or CCP at an extension site?
Please visit SEU’s partner website to select your site at the bottom of the page. Once you’ve selected your site, scroll down the page to find the contact information for your designated site director.
How do I get more information about Southeastern University?
Please click here or call our Office of Admission at 863.667.5000 for more information.